Volunteer Roles over Christmas
This year, the project will be open from Saturday 24th December 2016 to Sunday 1st January 2017 (closing at noon)
OUR ROTA FOR THIS YEAR IS NOW FULL AND WE HAVE CLOSED OUR VOLUNTEER RECRUITMENT PROGRAMME. IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO VOLUNTEER FOR NEXT YEAR’S PROJECT, PLEASE ASK US TO ADD YOUR NAME TO OUR DATABASE.
We have 7 different types of volunteer roles over the Christmas project:
- Shift Leaders
- Deputy Shift Leaders
- General Volunteers – split into two roles – Experienced and New General Volunteers
- Kitchen Assistant Volunteers
- Cook Volunteers
- Entertainment Volunteers
- Clothes Store Lead
As well as volunteering on the actual project, we are always in need of volunteers to help with our fundraising events, marketing and ad hoc activities which take place usually from September to December.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone on 07523 927318, for more information.
We also need Community Ambassadors throughout the year to promote the work of HARC, and to help out at various events.
If you are interested in becoming a Community Ambassador, please get in touch.
MAKE A VOLUNTEER APPLICATION
OUR ROTA FOR THIS YEAR’S PROJECT IS NOW FULL AND WE ARE NO LONGER ACCEPTING ANY MORE VOLUNTEER APPLICATIONS.
We are now accepting applications to volunteer. If you have volunteered for us before, we will still need you to complete an application form for 2016, as our terms and conditions have changed since last year.
Click the link below to access our online volunteer application pack. We are now able to accept application forms submitted electronically via this link. If you are unable to complete your application via this link, or are experiencing any difficulties with applying, then please contact us by email at email@example.com or 07523 927318.
When we receive your completed application, we will provide you with the username and password so that you can log in to the Three Rings online self-booking service, and book your shifts directly.
PLEASE NOTE THAT YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO LOG IN TO THREE RINGS TO BOOK YOUR SHIFTS UNTIL YOUR APPLICATION HAS BEEN PROCESSED – THIS MAY TAKE A FEW DAYS, SO PLEASE BE PATIENT!
Things to Note:
- Volunteering slots on certain days such as Christmas Day and Boxing Day are very popular, and fill up very quickly.
- We aim to balance each shift with experienced and new volunteers, so you might not always get on the shift you would like, but we will aim to accommodate you where we can.
- From September onwards we are very busy gearing up the project but we will try to respond as quickly as possible to your enquiries.
- Please be patient as we are staffed entirely by volunteers and only one part time project manager, we will work as quickly as we can!
Previous experience working for HARC as a Deputy Shift Leader is essential for this role.
- Responsibility for practical operations and smooth running of the shift
- Liaise with previous and/or following Shift Leader, cook and Project Lead
- Allocation and management of jobs/activities
- Resourcing and management of Clothing Store
- Dealing with conflicts and guest exclusions in conjunction with Archer project duty staff
Deputy Shift Leader
Previous experience of working for HARC is required for this role.
- Deputising for the Shift Leader
- Organisation of rota and signup sheet for guests to access various services
- Liaise with Shift Leader about emergency clothing
There are usually 20 General Volunteers per shift and two shifts per day- this will be split into Experienced General Volunteers, and New General Volunteers. If you have volunteered for us before, you can apply to become an Experienced General Volunteer.
As a General Volunteer the role includes:
- Socialising with guests
- Working on the reception desk (welcoming, signing in guests, personal belongings etc.)
- Working in the clothing store
- Assisting with activities (games, bingo etc.)
- Providing table service to guests at mealtimes
- Serving hot and cold drinks to guests
Previous experience working in the kitchen for HARC is required for this role.
Examples of the role of a Cook Volunteer include:
- Responsibility for all food preparation
- Complete charge of the kitchen
- Organising the Kitchen Volunteers
- Ensuring that only Kitchen Volunteers come into the kitchen
- Deciding on quantity control (e.g.-for second helpings)
- Responsibility for cleanliness of kitchen at end of the shift
No previous experience is required for this role. Volunteers in the kitchen will be under the supervision of an experienced cook.
There are usually six kitchen volunteers per shift and there are three shifts per day.
Examples of the role of a Kitchen Volunteer include:
- Food preparation and cooking
- Cleaning kitchen and other kitchen duties
- Maintaining a cooks log
- Help with keeping food store
Clothes Store Lead
To work in the HARC Clothes Store
Duties will include-
- to oversee the smooth running of the Clothes Store
- checking on stock levels
- sorting out donations of clothing that come into the Store during the project
- managing a voucher system to ensure fair distribution of clothing to guests
- Further information on managing the Clothes Store will be made available to leads before the project starts.
Open to Experienced General Volunteers only
Entertainment / Activities / Professional Services Volunteer
We like to keep our guests entertained, as the days can be long over Christmas.
Any ideas as to what activities can be run by you are welcome and we can cover the basic costs of materials. Games, lives music, arts and crafts are all popular.
Services such as GP / Dentistry / Hairdressing / Podiatry / Massage / Physiotherapy are all welcome too.